Contributing to Wikipedia
Two articles were recommended for class:
- "Internet Encyclopedias Go Head to Head" by Jim Giles, Nature 2005.
- "Citizen Science: People Power" by Eric Hand, Nature 2010.
In class, we discussed the following Wikipedia articles/sites:
WikiProject Molecular and Cellular Biology
- WikiProject Molecular and Cellular Biology home page
- Participants--are these experts (AlexanderPico vs. Biohacker)?
- Article worklist
- Importance and completeness of MCB articles
So What's One Way I Can Become a Citizen Scientist?
- Editing a page, e.g., Sunita Williams, astronaut
- One template (not from WikiProject MCB) for a B class article
- Articles that WikiProject MCB would like help with
- Extra credit for improving "Biological membrane" article