Search All (Reference Universe)
Search for relevant dictionaries and encyclopedias (print and electronic) on your topic.
More reference collections
English Language Dictionaries
- Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged
- Oxford English Dictionary (OED) the most comprehensive dictionary of the English language. It includes extensive etymologies, definitions, pronunciations, quotations, date charts, and more.
- Merriam-Webster includes audio pronunciations
These sources will provide full text entries online:
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Blackwell Reference Online
- Sage Knowledge Online
- CQ Researcher
These search tools can help you locate encyclopedias in both print and online formats:
Social Science Encyclopedias
Handbook of Latin American studies
"... a bibliography on Latin America consisting of works selected and annotated by scholars. Edited by the Hispanic Division of the Library of Congress, the multidisciplinary Handbook alternates annually between the social sciences and the humanities.