Facts - Online
- CQ Global Researcher (international)
- Oxford international encyclopedia of peace
- Political handbook of the world
- Europa world
- CIA World Factbook
- Political Risk Yearbook Online
- Encyclopaedia Britannica online
- Wikipedia can be a great quick help in identifying the "who, what, when and where" of any given issue -- subject to later verification. Librarians use it all the time. However, it can be highly suspect when it comes to "how and why" questions especially those concerning intense conflicts. Use it -- but use it with caution!
Links to online referernce collections that may contain helpful sources depending on your topic.
Maps - Online
Maps - Paper
Examples of specialized atlases available in the Hesburgh Library Reference Collection. The Libraries also have a collection of large, detailed maps published by various U.S. government agencies.
- Historical dictionary of the Arab-Israeli conflict. DS 119.7 .K85 2006
- The state of the Middle East: an atlas of conflict and resolution. G 2205 .S6 2008
- The Penguin atlas of diasporas. GN 370 .C43 1995
- Global geopolitical flashpoints: an atlas of conflict. JC 319 .A52 2000