Calculators, Converters and Currency
- CalculateMe Conversions and calculations for temperature, weight, exchange rates, etc.
- ConvertIt.com Converts measurements, currency, time, etc.
- FX History: Historical Currency Exchange Rate World wide historical currency exchange rates for over 35 years.
- Homefair.com Compare salaries, cost of living, etc. for U. S. cities.
- KnowledgeDoor Unit and base conversion as well as an extensive library of units and constants
- Temperature Conversion Converts Celsius to Fahrenheit and the reverse
- Universal Currency Converter Up to date currency conversion for most countries.
- Alumni directory / University of Notre Dame Coverage: 2001Official directory of Notre Dame graduates.
- Business and company resource center Coverage: 1980- A wide variety of global business information, including company profiles, brand information, rankings, investment reports, and more.
- Conduit 11850: Telephone Directory Inquiries Online search facility for telephone numbers in Ireland.
- Directory of American firms operating in foreign countries Directory information on American companies with substantial investment in overseas operations.
- Directory of Foreign firms operating in the United States Directory information on foreign companies with substantial investment in American operations.
- Dun & Bradstreet's Million dollar database Provides information on U.S. public and private businesses (and their executives) with sales of at least one million dollars or 20+.
- Peterson's Grad Channel Graduate schools and programs by name, location, or program.
- Scholarly Societies Project World-wide scholarly societies by name or abbreviation.
- Serials directory. Popular serial publications.
- Switchboard Search for individual and business phone numbers. Includes a reverse function.
- U.S. Postal Service Zip Codes
- White Pages Search for persons or businesses
- Eircom Phonebook Telephone directory for Republic of Ireland.
Maps and GIS
- National Atlas of the United States
A-Z Maps Online contains 4,000+ maps of continents, countries, and states as well as political, population, climate, and other thematic maps
- Digital Sanborn Maps 1867-1970 includes more than 660,000 large-scale maps of more than 12,000 American towns and cities.
- Google Earth
Free high resolution mapping software with satellite imagery. Download required
- Barrington atlas of the Greek and Roman world map-by-map directory
Provides information about every place or feature in the Barrington Atlas, including references to ancient testimony or modern studies. ... [more] Usage info: Licensed for one concurrent user. Access info: The directory, in PDF format, accompanies the Barrington atlas (located in the Reference Atlas section, call number G 1033 .B3 2000). [less]
- GIS Atlas for Indiana
Online atlas providing information on demographics, hydrology, elevation, geology, mining and much more for the state of Indiana.
- Map collections, 1500-2004
Library of Congress map collections. Part of the American Memory project.
- Maps at Hesburgh Libraries provides information on maps at Hesburgh libraries and web resources for maps.
- University of Colorado Boulder Map Library links to online resources
- National Atlas of the United States
Federal Tax Forms and Publications
- Online Forms: Select and download multiple Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Forms and Publications.
- Paper Forms: IRS Paper forms and publications are no longer available in the Hesburgh Libraries. All tax forms are available from the IRS office in South Bend, Indiana located at 100 E. Wayne Street. This office is open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. They can be contacted by phone at (574) 236-8149.
- Forms by Phone: Forms and publications are also available by phone: 1-800-TAX-FORM.
- IRS e-file (electronic filing): The IRS e-file program offers quick, easy, and accurate alternatives to paper returns.
Indiana Tax Forms and Publications
- Online Forms: Select and download Indiana Department of Revenue muliple forms and publications.
- Paper Forms: Paper forms are no longer available at the Hesburgh Libraries.
- Email: Forms and publications can by requested by sending an email to the Indiana Department of Revenue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax: The Tax Fax system allows taxpayers and preparers to dial a fax machine and request a publication or form by number. The Tax Fax number is 1-317-233-2329.
- INfreefile (electronic filing): Link to Indiana filing and payment methods.
Other State Tax Forms and Publications
- All state tax forms: http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/link/forms.html
Tax Assistance Programs
- The Vivian Harrington Gray Notre Dame-Saint Mary's Tax Assistance Program provides free preparation services for individuals who meet income limits. The current tax year income limit is gross or total earnings of $40,000
- Service for U.S. citizens, greencard holders
- Service for international visitors
- Federal tax questions by phone: 1-800-829-1040.
Photographs and Images
- ARTstor Searchable database of more than 1,000,000 images applicable to different times, cultures, and disciplines.
- Corbis Photographs for personal and professional use.
- FreeFoto.com One of the largest collections of free photographs for non-commercial use on the Internet.
- Getty Images Collections of photography and cinematography from around the world.
- Google Image Search
- NYPL Digital Gallery Images digitized from primary sources and printed rarities in the collections of The New York Public Library.
- Science Photo Library .
- Washington Post Photos Requires free registration.
- Wikimedia Commons: Images Media repository that is created and maintained by volunteers.