Sources of local information on emergency services.
St. Joseph County:
- St. Joseph County Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan
- St. Joseph County Health Department - The Annual Reports linked at the bottom of the page have information on epidemiology and emergency preparedness.
- St. Joseph County Emergency Preparedness Division
South Bend, Indiana:
- Municiple Code for South Bend - Includes information on fire prevention and alarm systems.
- 2011 South Bend Comprehensive Financial Annual Report - This report includes information on "fire runs" (page 275). Search Google for reports from other years.
- Clay Fire Department Annual Report (2004) - This report gives information on fire incidents by monty, day of the week, hour of the day, and location (within the Clay Fire territory).
South Bend Tribune:
Lexis Nexis Academic provides access to newspaper articles from the South Bend Tribune from 1994 to the present.
The Indiana Department of Homeland Security provides information for responders and managers on a variety of topics.
Census data and results from the American Community Survey can provide information on age and language:
- American FactFinder: Basic Demographics, including age and language information.
- Search St. Joseph County, Indiana in search box
- AGE is available under "Population, Age, Sex, Race, Households and Housing ..."
- Language is available under "Education, Marital Status, Relationships, Fertility, Grandparents ..."
- American FactFinder Advanced Search option:Estimates on number of people with hearing impairments.
- Select "topics" then "disability"
- Type St. Joseph County, Indiana in "State, County, or Place" search box.
- Select table S1810 "Disability Characteristics"
Other sources of demographic information:
- The U.S. Fire Administration (a part of FEMA) reports statistics on fire casualties, causes, and more.
- Disaster declarations: FEMA also provides data on the number of disaster declarations that have been made by state.