Atmospheric Science Reference
The Encyclopaedic Dictionary of Environmental Change, 2003
GE 10 .E524 2003, Hesburgh Library reference collection
"This book is a comprehensive ... companion for any student of the environment, physical geography or the earth sciences throughout their course. Containing everything from definitions of physical features such as glaciers to discussions of the causes and impacts of climatic change, via the El Nino effect, soils and rivers, it contains an incredible range of information."
- Annual Review of Environment and Resources provides authoritative reviews of significant topics within environmental science and engineering, including ecology and conservation science, water and energy resources, atmosphere, oceans, climate change, agriculture and living resources, and human dimensions of resource use and global change.
- Turbulence in the Atmosphere, John C. Wyngaad, Cambridge, UK ; New York: Cambridge University Press. 2010. An excellent up-to-date introduction to turbulence in the atmosphere and in engineering flows for advanced students, and a reference work for researchers in the atmospheric sciences.
- Principles of Planetary Climate, Raymond T. Pierrehumbert, Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press. 2010 Chem-Physics Library QB 603.A85 P54 2010 "This book introduces the reader to all the basic physical building blocks of climate needed to understand the present and past climate of Earth, the climates of Solar System planets, and the climates of extrasolar planets. These building blocks include thermodynamics, infrared radiative transfer, scattering, surface heat transfer and various processes governing the evolution of atmospheric composition. Nearly four hundred problems are supplied to help consolidate the reader's understanding, and to lead the reader towards original research on planetary climate.
- Knovel Looking for technical information and data from professional societies, leading publishers and experts online 24 x 7? Knovel offers an online reference collection for engineering.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics academic reference handbook for chemistry and physics.
- CRC netBase Earth Science academic reference for environmental and Earth Science.
Tables, Data, and Calculators