How to Enter
The Deadline for Submissions is April 10th, 2014
All submission requirements must be fulfilled in order for a project to be considered for the Undergraduate Library Research Award. Please use the checklist located under the Apply tab above to make sure you have completed all of them.
- A statement of support (online) or (PDF doc) from a faculty member with knowledge of your research work either for a course or through an independent research project.
- A 500-750 word essay describing the research strategies as well as library resources and services used in completion of the project. The essay is an important part of the evaluation and review process.
- A bibliography or other appropriate listing of sources consulted. Please a common style such as APA, MLA, or Chicago. Let us know if you will be using another style.
- Your research project.
These should all be submitted by April 10th, 2014.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate
- Work should be completed for a Notre Dame credit course or supervised research project during Spring, Summer, Fall 2013 or Spring 2014
- Research in all disciplines is eligible as long as the project integrates Notre Dame Library resources. Some examples of eligible research projects include:
|Research paper||Lab or clinical research investigation|
|Art Work||Architecture project/model|
|Creative writing||Product or prototype development|
|Mapping or GIS project||Database development|
|Field trip/site exploration||Web site|
- Research projects can be submitted in any format such as print, web-based, visual media, or database.
- Student must be willing to have the project featured, displayed and archived on a Library and Center website or exhibit, a digital repository and in the University Archives.