Guides, indexes, catalogues and other finding aids
Sources: A National Library of Ireland database for Irish research, contains over 180,000 catalogue records for Irish manuscripts, and for articles in Irish periodicals.
You can search across:
- All of the National Library's manuscripts catalogued up to the 1980s
- Irish manuscripts held in other libraries and archives in Ireland and worldwide, listed between the 1940s and the 1970s
- Articles, reviews and other content that appeared in over 150 Irish periodicals (download a full list of the journals) up to 1969
1. Manuscripts in the National Library of Ireland.
Manuscript sources for the history of Irish civilisation, edited by Richard J. Hayes (1965). This set of 22 microfilm reels has been superseded by Sources (above), for most purposes
Also known as the The Hayes Bibliography, a union catalogue of manuscripts held in a number of libraries. Manuscripts are indexed by person, subject, place and date.
Catalogue of Irish manuscripts in the National Library of Ireland. Nessa Ní Shéaghdha.
Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies,1961-
Z 6621 .D837
A second copy in the Medieval Paleography Room (Rm. 715Q)Z 6621 .D837
Gaelic Manuscripts in the NLI: A list of Irish manuscripts on the National Library’s information page on manuscripts catalogues and databases:http://www.nli.ie/en/udlist/manuscripts-catalogues-and-databases.aspx
2. Catalogue of Irish Language Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford and Oxford College Libraries. Brian Ó Cuív.
Dublin Institute of Advanced Studies, 2001
2 volumes: Medieval Studies, Paleography (Room 715Q)
Z 6621 .B66 I76 2001
Also online on the DIAS website.